With so many choices available, finding the best drones for kids can prove to be a difficult task. It makes sense to try and find that specific drone that will meet your kid’s requirements. The best drones for kids are those that can be treated roughly and keep on flying. Sustainability needs to be put into consideration when making purchases. Drones for kids have become even more attractive thanks to the advancements in the speed, and quality of the HD cameras that come with them.
High-end drones come with HD cameras mounted on them to allow the pilot to see where the drone is headed as if they are seated on the cockpit handling the controls. And that is not all. The best drones for kids are very easy to control. Your first flight might be a little bumpy. However, by the time you take off and land several times, you will be good to go.
Your children will be even able to fly them into your home. Don’t forget to warn your kids to be responsible. For instance, warn them to keep the drones away from airports and planes because they can cause severe damage to the aircraft or an accident in the worst scenario. We have listed the top 9 best drones for kids in this post to help you make a sound decision when making your choice.
Top 9 Best Drones For Kids Review in 2018
This egg-shaped mini RC drone will fascinate almost any child aged thirteen and above. It comes ready to fly out of the packaging with a USB cable for charging and a kid-friendly feature that allows for one key takeoff, landing, returning or transformation. You will get six and a half minutes on a fully charged battery with just over 40 meters range from the controller. It is perfect for flying indoors and makes a great gift for your young ones. After learning the basics of flying with this egg-shaped beauty your kids can advance to bigger and powerful drones because they will be confident in their piloting abilities.
- Can fly in any direction and perform 3D flips.
- Equipped with radio technology to enable kids to operate it outdoors or indoors without much struggle
- Has a kid-friendly function allowing one key takeoff, landing, returning or transformation.
- The headless mode solves the pilot’s loss of orientation issues
- The high or low-speed feature gives you an unforgettable experience
- Inbuilt gyro and strong generator to provide extra stability
- High anti-interference capability of 2.4 GHz spread spectrum
- A control distance of forty meters
- Foldable for easy storage
- Durable and will withstand many crashes
When your kids are learning how to fly a drone, the chances that a crash will happen are very high. This tiny drone will help to reduce that chances of the crashes happening with its remote controller that has a screen to make piloting a breeze. You kids can bump the quad catcher into walls and many other obstacles while learning how to fly at low or high speeds and perform fantastic maneuvers with the simple press of a button. This drone also has LED lights to allow the pilot to practice flying even after dark. And that is not all. The toy drone comes with a single battery that boasts of flight times averaging ten to fifteen minutes on a full charge.
- Equipped with a 2MP, 720p HD camera
- Six-axis gyroscope for added stability
- Can be controlled by your phone or the controller. The phone control distance is 164 ft while the controller range is 262 ft
- Comes with multiple functions like flight tracking, headless mode, 360 degrees rolling over, LED lights and one key for taking off, landing, returning, holding altitude, speed mode, gravity sensing mode just to
mention a few.
- Easy to assemble and fly
- Comes with prop guards to minimize image
- Foldable to allow easy storage
- Long flight time of between ten to fifteen minutes
- A very sensitive remote control
Next on the list is the FPV VR mini wifi RC drone. This palm-sized drone is very exciting to fly. It is an ideal and affordable option for kids that wish to learn how to fly drones. Not only this drone boasts of multiple features and can be flown either indoors or outdoors, and during the day or night. But also it boasts of a good control range of up to 60m, with about seven to ten minutes on a single charge. Watching this little drone move through the air and perform cool flips and tricks with the touch of a button is pure joy. This little quad is perfect for practicing flying for drone lovers just entering the world of drones. Without any doubt, this beginner drone will inspire your kids aged three and above to become superb drone pilots.
- An HD 720P camera
- Easy to control
- Has to prop guards to minimize damage
- Can be connected to a smartphone to unlock more abilities like doing 360-degree flips
- Foldable to save storage space
- Extremely small for portability
There is a lot to love about the Syma X5C since it has many wonderful features for novices. It has a strong battery that gives a whopping seven minute flight time to give you ample time to learn new skills. Its super stable mid-air because it is wind resistant and boasts of six-axis gyro stabilization to guarantee maximum stability during flight. Its tough airframe is built to last and can take lots of beating without breaking. However, if your kids fly a little too rough and something breaks, you can easily find replacement parts for this drone online so that they get back flying in no time. This quad will leave
your kids with a lasting impression in the world of drones and fun flying action.
- Very easy to fly and handle for beginners
- Very stable when flying
- Propeller guards to prevent damage
- The HD camera captures clear images
- Some versions of the X5C-1 come with a 4GB micro SD card
- Longer battery life to extend your flying experience
- Replacement parts are quickly found online
If your young ones have never interacted with RC quadcopters to this point then you should consider buying them this drone. With several flying modes and six-axis gyroscope, this RC drone is perfect for first-time users. It is compact as well as lightweight to give your kids the opportunity to master the basics of the drone flying with a lot of ease. If your young one loses track of the drone all they have to do is to press
one button for it to return. With a 2MP HD camera is included, your kids will be able to capture great videos as well as images. The drone’s control distance is 50m with your smartphone and 100m with the
controller which is very impressive given the small size of the RC drone. One full charge lasts for eight to twelve minutes and charging takes one and a half hours maximum. This drone is fun to fly especially
if you have young kids interested in flying drones.
- Very easy to operate
- Fast charging
- The remote control range is amazing
- LED light for night flying
- Altitude hold feature
- Powerful camera to capture excellent video and images
- Foldable for easy storage
- 360-degree flips and side flying capability
This drone promises lots of amazing stuff to beginners. It is safe to fly because it has prop guards and a uniformed design that seems crash proof. Without any doubt, the traits make an excellent drone you can buy your kids as gifts. When it comes to the hardware, the drone comes with two batteries to extend your flying time and four powerful brushed motors. The battery is capable of keeping it flying for between six to nine minutes which is not bad compared to many drones for beginners. Its remote operating range lies between fifty and eighty meters while its video transmission range is about thirty meters
- 720p HD camera to capture clear images
- Real-time wifi transmission
- Headless control mode that reduces your chances of losing the drone.
- Extra battery to double your flying time
- Durable materials to extend its lifespan
The DROCON Blue Bugs Brushless Drone takes the third spot on this list. It is a great drone for beginners because of its brushless motors. The DROCON Blue Bugs Brushless Drone has prop guards to protect its blades from wear as well as minor crashes. Flying it is very easy and the controls can let you just do anything. As your kids become more experienced flyers they can enjoy performing breathtaking tricks and more advanced maneuvers. They will have a very enjoyable experience each time they take this amazing drone outside. Furthermore, they will be happy with how simple it is to fly and how agile it barrels through the air and performs tricks with lots of ease. Fully charged the DROCON Blue Bugs Brushless Drone can fly for fifteen or twenty minutes with a control range of about three hundred to five hundred meters.
- A GOPRO action camera slot
- Extended control range to make your flying experience even better
- Long flying time to help your kids become expert pilots within the shortest time possible
- Propeller guards to offer the blades protection
- Powerful motors that do not overheat and melt
- Ready to fly outside the box
- Very stable when flying
For your children to become exceptional drone pilots then they must have a good practice. They need to hone their skills and truth be told, the Holy Stone HS170 Mini RC drone is among the best drones for learners. Just as mentioned earlier this drone will fit the needs of any first-time flyers. It is made from high-end materials, boasts of a headless flight system to make flying easier, six-axis gyro stabilization for stabilization, wind resistance. Apart from that, its worth noting that you can fly it for about six to eight minutes and it can travel a distance of between thirty to fifty meters from the operator.
- Very durable
- Extended battery life to better flying experience
- Six-axis gyro stabilization for extra stability
- Doesn’t require lots of skills to operate
- Brushless motors to reduce damage during impact
- Headless flight system for easy flying
Interesting in Electric Skateboard, Please check Top Best 6 Electric Skateboard in 2018
If your kids love drone flying then they will love the Force1 U49C that tops our list. It is built using high-end materials and its design is nothing less than spectacular. This drone comes with a powerful 720p HD camera that captures quality images as well as footage. And that is not all, the Force1 U49C comes with two smart batteries that last fifteen minutes each on a single charge.
- One button take off and land to make flying much easier
- Headless mode
- A strong camera to capture images and video
- Very easy to operate
- Extra batteries and motors