Looking for the best tactical military backpacks? The sheer number of tactical military backpacks are available on the marketplaces today. Cause by overwhelming backpack. As a matter of fact, you may have a difficult time finding the right one that fits your needs.
But don’t worry. We have compiled a list of the top 8 best tactical military backpacks. Of course, our research is on comfortable design, durability, customizable features.
A Review of Top 8 Best Tactical Military Backpacks
Check detail of each product review as below:
This military tactical backpack manufactured by WIDEWAY. It claims to offer three adjustable padded-straps for the sternum, waist, and shoulders. Moreover, The straps feature mesh padding for purpose of comfort.
Also, it includes molle webbing system. So users can attach more gear like work boots, laptop, sleeping bag, and camera.
The backpack is further backed by one year warranty and 30-days money back guarantee.Besides that, the back panel is padded and ventilated for comfort and air circulation.
- Fully adjustable and compression straps aid in backpack expansion and consolidation
- Double stitched to ensure durable construction
- Offers 50 liters of storage capacity
- It is water resistant
- Includes zipper pockets and internal dividers for ease of organization
- Manufactured in SGS, ITS, and ISO certified factory
- Laptop compartment is rather small
- Too big for someone looking for a small backpack
5.11 Tactical RUSH72 Backpack is a bit on the high end compared to the rest of the backpacks in this review. With 55-liter of storage capacity, this backpack is quite roomy.
For the price, it’s reliable enough for those tactical deployments and extended excursions.
Its front and main compartments are dual-zippered with molded grip pulls. That is glove friendly to keep your gear secure and for added convenience.
- Adjustable shoulder straps with dual-density closed-cell foam to allow maximum air circulation
- Built to be water resistant
- Includes an administration pocket for storing documents, maps, and pens
- Dual compression straps to help keep the backpack compact
- Provides a lot of space for a lot of gear and accessories
- Relatively expensive
- Waist belt is rather small and not durable enough
This is yet another great military tactical backpack from Westcoast life. It offers 40 liters of storage capacity. The backpack is made out of what seems to be a high-density fabric that’s also water-resistant.
But the best thing about this backpack is it comes with plenty of molle-loops so you can actually attach a lot of items to it.
Besides, shoulder straps and waist belt are adjustable and removable, make it comfortable.
- Can be used as a survival, bug out bag, trekking, hunting or army backpack
- Equipped with a load compression system on the side and front
- Well-built with double stitches
- Comes with heavy duty zippers that feature quality utility-style cord pulls
- Boasts multi-functional pocket design
- Offers poor breathability especially during hot summers
- It is not scratch-resistant
Interesting in Electric Skateboard, Pls check Top 7 Electric Scooter for Kids and Adults Options Reviewed
Just because you are on a tight budget doesn’t mean you cannot find a quality tactical backpack. This model from Gonex is not only affordable, but it also claims to be very durable
It is equipped with an external molle system. It is useful for users to attach water bottles and other bags using hooks. Also, it boasts 45-liter storage capacity while weighing 1.3 kg only.
And another thing; the backpack crafted from water and tear resistant 900D oxford. It designed for outdoor hiking, hunting, camping, and trekking.
- Includes a ladder system for attaching items
- Stays secure on your back with the help of the adjustable waist and chest belt clasp
- Spots an ergonomic design
- The back panel and shoulder straps are padded with breathable mesh. They offer cushioning comfort, while also promoting air circulation
- Relatively inexpensive
- Manufacturer offers 100% satisfaction guarantee
- The breathability of the backpack is not that good
- Lacks a convenient pocket for a phone
If you are looking for a big tactical military backpack, and we really mean big at an unbeatable price. This model from Akmax offers good value for money.
With 50-liter (3021 cubic inch) capacity, it is fairly large. In fact, it can accommodate a 17” laptop.
Moreover, it has molle webbing system for attaching any extra gear or pouches. It can, thus, serve as a combat backpack, 3-day assault pack, or bug out bag backpack.
- It is waterproof up to 1800mm of waters
- Big enough to carry items of up to 40lbs
- Shoulder straps are padded and adjustable for easy carrying of heavy items
- Mesh and zip pockets located inside the main compartment offer extra storage
- Straps and back area feature ventilated mesh for breathability and comfort
- Too big for someone looking for a small or medium-sized backpack
- Zippers are not waterproof
This backpack from Orca Tactical is a medium-sized bug out bag and has a 34-liter capacity. It is made from scratch-proof and water-resistant materials, which is a nice addition.
Besides, it comes with a back compartment that can accommodate a 1.5-liter water bladder or laptop. And two larger compartments for bulkier gear and the other two on the front for smaller items.
Also, the waist straps are adjustable with double-sewn ends. They prevent them from sliding loose particularly through the buckles.
- Back area and shoulder straps are padded with mesh to allow ventilation and comfort
- Elastic band keeps clothing secure on the main compartment
- Has a functional Molle system on the side for extra Molle accessories
- Includes a mesh and zippered pocket on the main compartment for added storage
- Boasts comfortable chest and waist straps with incredible adjustability
- Shoulder straps lack enough padding if carrying heavy items
- Has too many unnecessary straps
This is a 35-liter backpack manufactured by RUPMPACK. It is not big enough hence it’s only ideal as a 3-day bug out bag.
With an external Molle system, you can load accessory kits, pockets, a water bottle bag, and other tools.
It also has a hydration insulation layer that is compatible with a 2.5 liter-bladder. But the manufacturer does not include the bladder.
- Ventilated mesh padding allows for added breathability
- Boasts multi-compartments for added storage
- Can be used for hiking, hydration backpack and for camping
- External compression straps to expand or compress the backpack
- Has adjustable shoulder straps with safety reflectors
- It is water-resistant and double stitched
- No hydration bladder
- A little small in size
If you are looking for a backpack for daily use, hunting, trekking, ranging, army work or survival. This model from Reebow Gear is a great option.
With hydration compartment, it claims to work fine for a hydration bladder. As such, you can use the backpack for outdoor hiking and camping.
furthermore, the back and shoulder strap area of the backpack boasts ventilated mesh. That allows greater breathability and comfort.
- It is double stitched with heavy duty zippers for durability
- Molle system allows for better organization of your gear
- Build to be water-resistant
- Features side and front-load compression function that keep it compact when full
- Has a 40-liter storage capacity
- Boasts a rugged and sturdy construction
- It does not include a hydration bladder
- Waist strap might be a little short for a large person
Check Video for detail as below:
Buying Guide: What to look for before buying Military Backpack?
The best tactical military backpack depends on what you are looking for. And for what purpose you need it for. So here are some factors to take into consideration.
- Comfort Level
Comfort is by far the most important factor to consider given you carry on your back for a very long period. A backpack with great comfort level should have enough padding around the shoulder.
The best tactical military backpack should be made of lightweight but strong materials. The last thing you want is to have a heavy backpack yet you will only be carrying heavy loads.
The whole build of a tactical backpack should be strong and sturdy enough to withstand the rest of time. So look out for the thread material because in some cases, the threading may become loose with time. The best backpack should have double stitching, nylon straps, and even YKK-grade zippers.
The capacity of your backpack should depend on what you are going to use it for.Think of all the things you would need to carry. But the best backpack should have a molle system with compatible webbing. It has several compartments and zippered pockets for extra storage. It is better to have more storage space than you need rather than run out of one.